Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies



Oh yes, you read that right... Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies.  It's a mouthful of a name and, I mean, just look at this picture from Pinterest...
Not my picture!  Stolen from SweetestKitchen.com

How do you not start drooling?  I know I did!  And I had been craving something sweet that evening, so I popped right up off the couch to make these.  The recipe is very simple, so it wasn't hard.  When they came out of the oven, they looked very similar to the picture above and I was so excited!  But then I took a bite... and it was dry and crumbly.  Not exactly my favorite baked goods flavor.  Then, after being covered overnight, the next day, these were rock hard.

Not exactly my favorite Pinterest recipe.  But I like soft, chewey cookies, not crunchy ones.  If you like a crunchy cookie, this is for you!  Also, I used crunchy peanut butter because we don't ever have creamy peanut butter in the house (mostly 'cause it's gross!)  Maybe you can do something better with the recipe!  She halved this recipe, hence the kinda weird measurements.  I didn't double it because I wasn't sure if I liked it (and I was glad I didn't), but you certainly can.  Here's what I tried....

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from here

1/2 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup to 1 cup of chocolate chips

  1. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly..  Once fully melted and incorporated, remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until completely mixed.
  2. While that cools, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
  3. Mix egg into the butter mixture, then stir in vanilla.
  4. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix well until it is full incorporated.  Stir in half of the chocolate chips.  
  5. Pour the batter into a greased 8x8 pan.  Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the batter.
  6. Bake for 25min @ 350 degrees.  Allow to cool before cutting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

Oatmeal Bake

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever