Jalapeno Poppers

This one should be prefaced with the statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover!"  So if you think, "No, I don't like jalapenos, or cream cheese, or crescent rolls, or life," just chill out for a second.

I came across these at a party before I had fully embraced the Pinterest lifestyle.  This girl made these and accredited the recipe to Pinterest, which at the time, I didn't understand.  I thought it was just pictures, so I had no idea how she had a recipe.  Oh, the early days... ;)

Anyway, I judged them because they weren't deep fried and made with cream cheese.  I don't like cream cheese.  It's... sour.  Ew.  But the temptation of jalapenos called to me, and I decided to snag one.  Oh, thank goodness I did!  It didn't have the usual taste of cream cheese, just a delicious jalapeno creaminess.  Yummmm!  For those of you who don't much care for spicy, these really aren't (much to my disappointment).  The crescent roll dough and cream cheese mellow out the spice to the point where it's more a flavor than any real spicyness.  I know, that's sad for some of us.

Still, these are delicious.  The original blogger said that they could be inhaled quickly and I didn't really believe how fast.  Since my first batch, I've only made double batches because they really do disappear.  You have been fairly warned.

I didn't take this picture, but it is how they look!
Jalapeno Popper Rolls
Adapted from here

3/4 of a block of cream cheese (6oz)
Jalapenos (I prefer fresh and I cut up at least 2 full jalapenos, you do as much as you need)
Pinch of sugar
1 tube crescent rolls*







  1. Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and jalapenos until smooth.
  2. Roll out the crescent rolls into two long rectangles (short and wide, with 4 triangles each)
  3. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over both sets of dough.  It's a thin layer, so don't get carried away.  
  4. Roll the dough so you have two long, skinny logs.  Cut in half again and again until you have 16 rolls from each log.  
  5. Place the little rolls on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 about 13 minutes or until lightly brown.

*Pillsbury now makes a seamless dough.  While this is very exciting, the generic brand of crescent rolls is still cheaper by almost a dollar, so I haven't tried the seamless one yet.  If you're willing to fork over the cash, it looks kinda cool, but I don't know if it's divided in two like you will need for this recipe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

Oatmeal Bake