I blatantly stole this picture from A Bitchin' Kitchen Chicken gyros... yummmm! As soon as I saw this little beauty on Pinterest, I announced to Jeff what we would be doing for dinner that night and we headed to the grocery store. You can, of course, skip one part or another. This has a recipe for the tzatziki sauce (my favorite!) as well as the chicken. If you want to make just one and buy the other from the store, that's fine too. It's actually pretty low calorie (which I don't usually care about, but it's a nice change of pace after the holidays) because the tzatziki is a greek yogurt based sauce and I use chicken breast. You can use wheat pitas, but I personally think that is a crime. Either way, do your thing the way you like it. Below, I've broken down the meal. If you buy certain parts or make it all from scratch, in the end, you'll have a delicious gyro. I suggest you brown the pitas by spraying it with some cooking spray a...
Comments
Post a Comment