Pumpkin Bread

Part Two of our pumpkin delights!  As soon as pumpkin season began, I was craving pumpkin bread.  It's so spongey and full of flavor.  So of course I began browsing Pinterest, and discovered I had pinned a recipe last year and never gotten around to it.  As I was assembling my ingredients, I realized the recipe made two loaves.  I hesitated for only a moment before figuring if some pumpkin bread was good, more was better!

You could easily do a cream cheese frosting or even a brown sugar glaze, but it was so delicious all on its own that we didn't make anything.

I'm posting the recipe that will only make one loaf of pumpkin bread.  It is easily doubled and makes plenty.  We made one regular sized loaf and three mini loaves to share with our doubled recipe.  I do recognize that I might be alone in my desire for that much pumpkin bread, so here is the recipe for just one.  Enjoy... and bring your extras over to my house!

Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from here

1 cup canned pumpkin
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove
1/4 tsp all spice
Smidge of salt




  1. Preheat to 350.
  2. In one bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, water, and vegetable oil together.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, all spice, and salt.
  4. Slowly add them together, mixing in between pouring the flour.  Do not over mix.
  5. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.  Carefully pour batter into pan.
  6. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

Oatmeal Bake

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever