One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes

Believe it or not, folks, this was not a Pinterest find.  I know, shock and awe.  You see, while I spend many hours browsing Pinterest, Jeff reads articles and browses pictures of ridiculous people and cats.  He sends me so many links that I ignore half of them, but I was lucky I looked at this one.  It was a Buzzfeed article on the best one-bowl cakes.

I had offered to make cupcakes for a friend's baby shower, and I knew she wanted chocolate, so when I stumbled on this Buzzfeed article, I made sure to pin it for later.  The original recipe only made 12 cupcakes, which is just ridiculous to me.  Who eats only 12 cupcakes?!  Silly.

These were a hit at the baby shower and the few leftovers I had went quickly.  I will admit that I did not eat one.  There were fantastic cake pops at the shower as well, and I hit those hard.  So, personally, I cannot vouch for these cupcakes.  However, based on how fast they went, I will guess they are worth trying.

I use the basic buttercream frosting from here.  The original recipe has a chocolate buttercream recipe if you prefer chocolate chocolate cake.

Single Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes

Adapted from here

2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
smidge of salt
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Line cupcake pan with muffin liners.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Mix in the egg, sour cream, canola oil, and vanilla.  Stir until just combined; do not overstir.
  4. Carefully pour in the boiling water and stir until fully incorporated.
  5. Divide the batter between the muffin liners, filling each cup about half way.  Bake 15-18min.  Cool completely before frosting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

Oatmeal Bake

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever