Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

You'd think with the holidays just passing that I'd have enough sweets to last me a lifetime.  I do, and I did.  I'm looking forward to going back to work on Monday just to start eating normally again!  But when my mom mentioned our weekly pizza date with my grandparents, I immediately thought of making a double chocolate chip cookie.  I've never (successfully) made them before, so I thought I'd go to my trusty Pinterest to find it.

Problem was... I fell asleep on the couch.  When I woke up, I had just over a half an hour to find a recipe, bake it, and be in the car.  I will tell you now, I didn't make it.  But I was close!  At 5:03, I jumped off the couch and by 5:43, we were pulling out of the garage with a delicious smelling plate of cookies.  Here's the recipe!

Decadent Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Kitchen Simplicity

1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of table salt
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter (one stick)
1-1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.  Set to the side.
  3. Melt butter and chocolate chips.  The easiest way is to melt them in a double boiler, but it's not the fastest.  You can also put them in a microwave safe bowl and melt on full power at 20-30second increments  stirring in between, until fully melted.  The butter will melt first and the chocolate will melt shortly after.  
  4. In an stand mixer (or separate bowl), pour melted chocolate into sugar and mix.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Slowly add in flour until completely integrated.  Mix in chocolate chips.
  5. Spoon dollops of cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  Let rest for one minute before transferring onto a wire cooling rack.  Yields roughly 40 cookies.

Eat as soon as possible simply because otherwise, the elves in your house might make them disappear before you get a chance.  They were sinful when warm, and amazing after cooling.  I took about 30 cookies to a dinner with 6 people and returned with none.

Don't worry, I left about 10 cookies at home for us!  Sorry for all the instagram pictures.  My mom has my point-and-shoot camera and my sister stole the family fancy Nikon.  I'll get better pictures up eventually.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

Oatmeal Bake