Dutch Oven Chicken & Dumplings

 I'm on a Dutch oven kick. Why not? I can cook the entire meal in one pot, usually on the stove, and it looks pretty too.  It helps that it's so cold outside.

I have no measurements for my seasonings. I season with my heart. I season until my British Isles ancestors roll in their graves.

Chicken & Dumplings
Adapted from here

Soup
2 tbsp olive oil
1lb chicken breasts
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced celery
Salt
Pepper
Thyme
Garlic powder
Onion powder
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
Dumplings
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
  1. Dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
  2. Heat olive oil in Dutch oven. Add chicken and onion. Season as you stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
  3. Add carrots and celery, cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
  4. Pour in broth and season again. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes until veggies are soft.
  5. Add cream.
  6. In a separate bowl, mix the dumpling ingredients together with a fork.
  7. Drop spoonfuls of the dumpling mixture into the simmering soup and cook for about 5 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

Oatmeal Bake

Chicken Burrito Bowl