Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Before I start this one, I'll preface it with a simple breakdown of this recipe:  If you don't like mint, move on, this one isn't for you.  If you care for mint at all, make these.

Now, mint lovers, this is the best cookie for Christmastime.  The original recipe I found was not specifically for Christmas, but it uses Andes mints, and those scream Christmastime to me.  This tastes exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream in cookie form.  So delicious.  Jeff even suggested we put two together around a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches.

In the original recipe, it calls for Andes mints chopped.  That was way too time consuming for my liking, so I just broke them up with my hands.  They break pretty easily, so that wasn't a problem, but it was still time consuming and uneven, so there were some that were still very large.  I vaguely remembered that Andes mints came in chocolate chip sized pieces, but I didn't see them at the store and figured I was wrong.
Bam.  Sold in a store near you.  This little bag of happy just made these cookies a more frequent guest in my house.  I haven't tried it with these yet, but I'm sure it's the same.

Also, before you start collecting your list together for the recipe, you will be using mint extract.  No vanilla, just mint.  It will rock your world, I assure you.  Green food coloring makes them awesome but if you don't have any, don't worry.  It's not for flavor, just fun.

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from here

2-3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Smidge of salt
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1-1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp mint extract
Green food coloring
1 bag Andes Mints (chopped or the mint chips)

  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt).  Set aside.  If you are using the full Andes mints, unwrap and chop them and set to the side.
  3. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.  Beat in egg and mint extract.
  4. Gradually add the flour mixture until fully incorporated.  Scrape down the sides and mix in food coloring until green to your liking.
  5. Fold in Andes mints.  I did this by hand, it might have been better to do it with the mixer.
  6. Scoop spoonfuls onto your baking sheet.  I did this with my hands too because the pieces of Andes were so big I needed to shape the cookies before putting them on the sheet.
  7. Bake for 8-10 minutes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

Oatmeal Bake

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever