Blueberry Cake

This blueberry cake is addicting, and it is unfortunately easy to make.  You're not a big baker?  Well, dear, I've found a recipe that you can throw together that will make everyone think you're a whiz.  This delectable treat was first brought to my attention at a family party by a family friend.  She mentioned that she got the recipe from a morning news show, but to be honest, I wasn't really listening and so I'm vague on the details.

If you recognize this recipe, feel free to tell me in the comments section.  I don't want to be accused of stealing someone's recipe.

I brought this to our 4th of July party yesterday, and it was a huge hit.  No one ever believes how stupidly easy it is too... yum!

Blueberry Cake
I got so carried away I forgot to take a picture!
So I stole this one... which is exactly how it looks

1 tall can of pineapple (I prefer crushed, but you can use any style)
3 cups of blueberries (1 pint = about 2 cups)
3/4 cup sugar
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine, melted
1 cup of pecans, mixed with 1/4 cup sugar**

  1. Grease 9x13 pan.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Pour pineapple into the bottom of the pan and spread it so it evenly covers. 
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries and sugar.  You can melt 1 tablespoon of margarine in this to help the sugar stick.  I never have.
  4. Spread the blueberries over the pineapple.  Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top and smooth it out evenly.  Pour the melted margarine over the cake mix.  It won't cover every inch, but try to get it evenly across the cake.
  5. Bake for 1 hour.  Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
**This step is optional.  It is pretty good, but I usually cut it out just because I don't usually keep pecans around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

Oatmeal Bake

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever