Superbowl Snacks

I hope you all enjoyed your Superbowl, whether it was alone or a party.  I don't know how anyone would enjoy football alone, but then, I don't care about the football.  I tune in for the commercials, and I only like to watch it with other people.

And let's be real... I love Beyonce.

I was rootin' for the Ravens, so I was thrilled with the final score, but the game itself was nerve wrecking.  I don't like close games, and that blackout killed me.  I like to go to bed about 10, but our apartment wasn't even cleared out until then!  We were all pretty ready for the end of the game at that point.

Well, it's a week later and I think I'm finally hungry again.  We had so many snacks for our superbowl party that I thought I was going to explode.  Jeff did make his delicious carne asada, I made some guacamole to go with it.  We bought the phenomenal salsa verde from our local carniceria, but it was too spicy for most.

The snacks I made were all favorites from forever ago, nothing new.  We had chips, cheese and crackers, pub mix, and, of course, dips.  My theory of a good football party, whether it's the Superbowl, tailgating, or just hanging with friends on Sunday afternoon, is calories don't count.  Don't expect to find much "Healthy Version of ______" here.  If you're going to have delicious horrible things, do it right!  So our chip dips were full on cream cheese and amazing.

Here are the recipes for my two favorite chip dips!

Beer Dip

2-8oz blocks of cream cheese
1 package of Ranch dip seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup beer of your choice (or more... I use a lot!)

  1. Mix the seasoning into the cream cheese.  Once the cream cheese is whipped and mixed, add in the beer and cheese.  This takes a lot of stirring with a fork, but if you use a stand mixer, be careful or you'll have big chunks of cream cheese unmixed.

Layered Taco Dip

1-8oz block of cream cheese
1 package of taco seasoning
2 tablespoons of milk
Shredded lettuce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Diced green onions
Jalapenos

  1. Mix the cream cheese, taco seasoning, and milk in a bowl until whipped and taco seasoning is full incorporated.  
  2. Spread cream cheese mixture onto a flat plate (edges or lips on a plate make it more difficult to really get in there and dip!)
  3. Layer lettuce.  Then add shredded cheese.  Sprinkle green onions and jalapenos.


Here's how the table started... by the time everyone arrived, we didn't even have room for our Angry Orchard crisp apple & ginger cider bottles!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

Oatmeal Bake