Oatmeal Bake

Last year for Jeff's first father's day, he sent me this recipe with the caption "All I want for Father's Day."  It's a generic recipe for oatmeal, and you can add whatever you want to it to make it delicious.  I was a little hesitant because oatmeal isn't my favorite breakfast food.  I mean, I'll eat it, but it's not my first choice.

Then we had it for breakfast and I was sold.  This is now our go-to breakfast on a Sunday morning, and (for now) we have enough leftover to eat throughout the week.  The best part is, everyone loves it!

Oatmeal Bake

3 cups quick oats or old fashioned oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp clove
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
*1 can of chopped peaches (NOT drained)
*1-1/2 cup dried cranberries

  1. Grease 9x13 pan.  Preheat oven to 350*.
  2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
  3. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are brown.
Notes:
  • You can double the recipe in the same pan, but double the cooking time.
  • You decide what fruit you want.  You can use chopped apples, blueberries, etc.  This is our favorite combo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Soy Pork

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever